- TételKorlátozottan hozzáférhetőFűz és nyár avar lebontásának vizsgálata a Balaton és a Kis-Balaton területénSalix sp. and Populus sp. forests are found throughout Hungary along major rivers and lakes. During the fall there is a significant amount of leaf litter getting into these waters. The leaves in our waters contribute significantly to the loading of organic matter, therefore the exploration and understanding of decompostion is essential. Leaf litter bag method was used with two mesh sizes in this observation. In our study, during the winter season, the Salix sp. leaf degradation was found to fall into the fast and the Populus sp. into the medium decomposition category in the case of Lake Balaton and both leaves fall into the middle decomposition category in the case of Kis-Balaton Wetland. In contrast, in the summer both Lake Balaton and Kis-Balaton’s leaf degradation fell into the fast decomposition category.
- TételKorlátozottan hozzáférhetőA szója termésalakulása optimális és vízmegvont kezelésekbenSoybean is a species of legume native to East Asia. It has very high oil (18%) and protein (36%) content. The most important abiotic environmental element for it is the amount and distribution of precipitation. We have examined two soybean varieties, Sinara and Sigalia. They were examined in evapotranspirometers, located at the Agrometeorological Research Station, University of Pannonia, Georgikon Faculty. There were four pieces of each varieties, they were tested with two different water supplies. The purpose of our examinations was to measure the weight change with two different water supplies due to two different soy types. Key Words: soybean, Sinara, Sigalia, evapotranspiration bath, water supply
- TételKorlátozottan hozzáférhetőHagyományos és automatizált sejtanalitikai módszerek alkalmazása bikaspermiumok kromatinállapotának értékeléséreRecently, evaluations of sperm traits, such as DNA fragmentation, or abnormal condensation of the sperm chromatin, are becoming increasingly important. The aim of the present study was to compare a conventional light microscopic procedure, Feulgen staining, with a modern automated method, the so-called Nicoletti test to evaluate sperm chromatin condensation, and to investigate the relationship between sperm primary defects and chromatin condensation. Our results on the semen samples of 15 Hungarian Simmenthal bulls did not reveal any significant correlation between the two methods. However, there is a significant, strong negative relationship between normal sperm morphology and abnormal chromatin condensation.
- TételKorlátozottan hozzáférhetőA kecskerák (Astacus leptodactylus) előfordulása a BalatonbanBecause of Aphanomyces astaci and Anguilla anguilla settlements species like Astacus Leptodactylus are forgotten but nowadays they are starting to spread again. Three native species of crabs are present in Hungary: Astacus astacus, Astacus leptodactylus and Astacus torrentium but you can also find Orconectes limosus. My purpose was to research Astacus leptodactylus which veryfied the multiplication of species in the coasts of Lake Balaton at Keszthely bay. We put out traps for a whole year with a total cought 209 crayfish, and one Spinnycheak Crayfish. During our research we measured the length of crayfishes’ bodies and scissors. We caught 9-10 cm long crabs in average, but the biggest was 18 cm long.
- TételKorlátozottan hozzáférhetőKülönböző pigmentáltságú lópaták szaru keménységének, rugalmasságának és összetételének vizsgálataThe primary aim of my research was the analysis of the composition and quality of differently pigmented equine hooves. 7 horses were chosen to the trial so, that all of them had a wax yellow hind leg and a grey one, and one of their front legs was also grey. The tensile strength, relative elasticity of the hoof samples, as well as their moisture and lipid content, more so the quantity of four specific minerals, such as calcium, phosphor, zinc and copper were determined. Statistical analysis was carried out with Paired-sample T Test. According to our results, it seems, that the tensile strength, relative elasticity and composition of the equine hoof is not significantly influenced neither by pigmentation, nor by it's anatomical position (whether it is a hind- or front leg). The quality of the hoof wall is more influenced by the individual differences, such as the grooming, foddering and weather conditions. It seems, that only the appearance of the hoof is influenced by the the pigmentation.