- TételSzabadon hozzáférhetőTowards better control of chemical risks associated with mining operations in Quebec (Canada) Part 2: Ranking of the potential effects of chemicals on the health of mining workers(Akadémiai Kiadó, 2023-02-13)The mining industry, currently undergoing profound changes, is destined to play an increasingly important economic role in the province of Quebec, Canada. Activity in this sector, its real net impact on government tax revenue, the economy, society, and the creation of wealth, is the subject of much discussion. Occupational health and safety is a major preoccupation in the mining sector, in which considerable numbers of workers suffer workplace accidents or occupational diseases due to the use of industrial chemicals, compounding the problem of exposure to noxious substances that exist naturally in mines or are produced inevitably in the course of normal mining operations. Air in mines thus can become laden with a wide variety of chemical agents, in the form of suspended solids, liquid droplets, and vapors and gases. Long-term exposure to most of these agents can seriously harm the health of mineworkers. Prevention remains the key to avoiding the social and economic consequences of these hazards and will make mining a more attractive sector for investment and employment in Canada. The principal focus of this study, presented in two articles, is to set a preliminary theoretical framework for categorizing chemicals in terms of their effects on the health of mineworkers throughout the various phases of mining projects. The objective is to decrease (over the long term) the number of occupational diseases due to the use of chemicals by raising awareness among employers and exposed workers in the mining sector. This research was conducted in four phases. The first article presented a review of the literature  on the chemical aspects of health and safety in mining in the province of Quebec. In the present article, the findings on the recurrence of health problems attributable to chemicals encountered in mines and how these effects should therefore be ranked from an occupational health and safety perspective are presented. The results show that various forms of dermatitis are the most recurrent health and safety risk.
- TételSzabadon hozzáférhetőThe importance of digitalization and robotization in vehicle production in the European Union(Akadémiai Kiadó, 2023-02-13)Vehicle manufacturing is an industry in which the technologies used by Industry 4.0 and their evolution can best be traced. Digitalization-robotization is paramount to the technical methods used in the Fourth Industrial Revolution. The question is how close a correlation between productivity and digitalization robotics in vehicle production is in the Member States of the European Union. I perform the relationship between the two variables by correlation calculation. Then I classify the member states according to the closeness of the relationship between the two variables using the method of hierarchical cluster analysis. Empirical results show a robust relationship, with the highest per capita production value in those Member States with the highest degree of digitalization-robotization in vehicle production. In conclusion, the countries in Central and Eastern Europe and the end of the productivity rankings need to increase the degree of digitalization of their vehicle production to increase their productivity and competitiveness.
- TételSzabadon hozzáférhetőSpatial Hydrological Analysis on storm water harvesting investigation for sustainable water resources management strategy(Akadémiai Kiadó, 2023-02-13)The water issue has become a frontier of public debate globally due to public awareness of sustainable development. Nigeria’s water resources are under serious threat from inadequate catchment manage- ment that includes widespread pollution from indiscriminate waste disposal. Stormwater is now recognized as a valuable resource rather than a nuisance, especially in large urban centers. Growing demand for water has exerted pressure on groundwater via dug well and boreholes scattered virtually in every dwelling in Nigeria. This challenge motivated this investigation of the feasibility of harvesting stormwater for due purposes of supplementing water supply and flash flood management. This study aims at quantification of harvestable stormwater and identification of potential capturing sites using Spatial Hydrological Analysis of GIS model and Synthetic Hydrograph. The result indicated total harvestable stormwater for 24-hr rainfall of 161.3 Mm3 and three available capturing sites of eight depressions identified. This volume is a good incentive to incorporate storm harvesting in overall water resources sustainable management.
- TételSzabadon hozzáférhetőAn assessment of advanced DC-link based reversing voltage type multilevel inverter topologies(Akadémiai Kiadó, 2023-02-13)In this paper, advanced DC-Link (DCL) based reversing voltage type Multilevel Inverter (MLI) to- pologies by compensating the difficulties in the conventional MLIs are reviewed. These topologies consist of less switching components and driver circuits when compared with conventional MLIs predominantly in higher levels. Consequently, installation area, total cost and hardware difficulties are reduced by increasing the voltage levels. The unipolar based Pulse Width Modulation Schemes (PWMS) will improve DCL inverters performance. This paper presents unipolar Multi-Reference (MR) based sine and space vector PWMS with single triangular carrier wave for generating required levels in output voltage. Comparison between UMR sine and space vector PWMS for DCL inverter topologies is pre- sented in terms of Fundamental Output Voltage (FOV) and Total Harmonic Distortion (THD). The research tries to establish the survey analysis for single-phase 7-level DCL based reversing voltage type MLI topologies with UMR based sine and space vector PWMs. Finally, to confirm the feasibility of proposed DCL-MLIs in terms of FOV and THD the simulation results are incorporated. Further, the prototype model is developed for single-phase 7-level DCL inverter with Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) based UMR sine and space vector PWMS to authenticate simulation results. The effi- ciency of the proposed cascaded MLI achieves the value of 99.003%.
- TételSzabadon hozzáférhetőContamination depth prediction in sandy soils using fuzzy rule-based expert system(Akadémiai Kiadó, 2023-02-13)As a result of rainfall in large quantities, the leachate generated under the municipal solid waste (MSW) is increased, which leaks to the groundwater aquifers and pollutes it. Accurate evaluation of leachate leaks levels has long been regarded as a problem in Iraq due to a lack of reliable data and costly measuring costs. This work proposes a novel fuzzy expert system to predict the pollution status of the underground water in sandy soils. The expert system consists of two subsystems; fuzzy logic system and crisp logic system. The expert system is trained using a data set developed by finite element analysis of sandy soil subjected to contamination materials.